In the fall of 2017, we will be offering – for the first time anywhere in the USA – the first part of the highly regarded 3-level Human Givens Diploma Course.
The Human Givens Diploma is a highly practical psychotherapy course that is revolutionizing the successful treatment, understanding and prevention of the mental and emotional health issues that affect all human beings: including depression, PTSD, phobias, anxiety disorders, postnatal depression, psychosis, addictions, anger management and behavioral problems. Two studies showed 80% of vets with PTSD became sub-clinical with one to four sessions and mild/moderate depression lifted three times faster than medication-assisted psychotherapy.
Some of the benefits of Human Givens are:
- Imaginal exposure allows for processing of multiple traumas in same session
- Imaginal exposure results in less discomfort for client and clinician and less risk of re-traumatization and compassion fatigue
- Fewer sessions required, often one to four for many clients.
- With fewer sessions:
- Clients more likely to stay in treatment
- Clients experience less discomfort
- Client less likely to be re-traumatized
- Vicarious traumatization, compassion fatigue and burnout all but eliminated
- Transference and counter-transference become non-issues
- Cost savings
- Important marketing factor for the clinician
- Clients leave sessions feeling more positive and hopeful
Level One is made up of 7 online courses and two weeks of in-person training with Human Givens College tutors. All 7 online courses (see links below) are approved CEUs for Licensed Professional Counselors. The two week in-person training will be approved for CEUs. Level 2 training will be offered next year along with another Level 1.
After Level 1, clinicians will be able to use these powerful skills in their practice and after Level 2, these skills will be strengthen for even more effective therapy.
To enable you to get the most out of the two weeks in-person training, we recommend that you take as many of these online courses as possible before you attend the two weeks in-person training.
The two separate weeks of training will be held one month apart – the dates for these will be September 5-9 and October 2-6, 2017. The cost of the two weeks training is $1900, which covers our costs for a maximum of 35 participants. The location will be at Turning Point Family Care in Raleigh (2000 Yonkers Road). A deposit will hold your place until July 20 when full payment is due. Full payment prior to that would be appreciated.
(If you have trouble with the links below, feel free to send your downpayment to my PayPal account under the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and include as much information about yourself as possible and I will make sure you get a receipt! Also, feel free to call me or text me on my cell phone at 252-288-2724 if there’s anything I can do for you! Thanks! -Maggie)
- How to lift Depression – the practical skills you need
- How to tell stories that heal – A masterclass in therapeutic Storytelling
- Understanding Anxiety and managing it without drugs
- Therapeutic Power of Language (Day 1)
- Therapeutic Power of Language (Day 2)
- Brief Therapy Skills for Stopping Addictions – a practical skills based day.
- Guided Imagery and Visualisation for Therapeutic Change
- Fast Phobia and Trauma Cure (Day 1)
- Fast Phobia and Trauma Cure (Day 2)
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO REGISTER:
Join us for some amazing training!