Following the success of last year’s first-ever human givens training in the USA we are pleased to be able to offer the first part of the highly regarded 3-level Human Givens Diploma Course again in June and July this year.
“This training is excellent! And each day keeps getting better and better!” Psychotherapist
“I completed a two year Masters on Addiction and Substance Abuse and learnt more practical information and skills on this day than in those two years” LPC Therapist
“The guided imagery was phenomenal! Very helpful to have demonstrations and lots of practice. Wonderful training!” Independent Consultant
“The demonstrations of Guided Imagery and Counter Conditioning for Addictions were thought provoking and extremely helpful” LPC Therapist
“The live demo of RIGAAR was awesome” Hypnotherapist
“All of these days were excellent! I particularly liked the distinction around suggestions, nominalizations, and normalising. I see immediate applications to my life and work” Coach
Click here if you want more information about working toward a HG diploma through courses offered in the United States
The Human Givens Diploma is a highly practical psychotherapy course that is revolutionizing the successful treatment, understanding and prevention of the mental and emotional health issues that affect all human beings: including depression, PTSD, phobias, anxiety disorders, postnatal depression, psychosis, addictions, anger management and behavioral problems. Two studies showed 80% of vets with PTSD became sub-clinical with one to four sessions of human givens therapy and mild/moderate depression lifted three times faster than medication-assisted psychotherapy.(1)
Just a few benefits of Human Givens approach are:
- Imaginal exposure allows for processing of multiple traumas in same session
- Imaginal exposure results in less discomfort for client and clinician and less risk of re-traumatization and compassion fatigue
- Fewer sessions required, often one to four for many clients.
- With fewer sessions:
- Clients more likely to stay in treatment
- Clients experience less discomfort
- Client less likely to be re-traumatized
- Vicarious traumatization, compassion fatigue and burnout all but eliminated
- Transference and counter-transference become non-issues
- Cost savings
- Important marketing factor for the clinician
- Clients leave sessions feeling more positive and hopeful
Level One (known as Part 1) is made up of 7 online courses and two weeks of in-person training with Human Givens College tutors. All 7 online courses (see links below) are approved CEUs for Licensed Professional Counselors. The two week in-person training will be approved for CEUs. We hope to bring the Level 2 training (Part 2 of the Diploma) to the USA during Fall 2018.
Clinicians are immediately able to use the powerful skills taught at Level 1 in their practice – those who have already done the courses saw an immediate benefit in their work. This work is further deepened and enhanced by the training of the intensive 2 week in-person training of Level 2.
To enable you to get the most out of the two weeks in-person training (which are being held on JUNE 18-22 and JULY 23-27, 2018), we recommend that you take as many of these online courses (see below) as possible before you attend the in-person training.
- Therapeutic Power of Language (2 Days)
- Guided Imagery and Visualisation for Therapeutic Change (1 Day)
- Brief Therapy Skills for Stopping Addictions – a practical skills based day (1 Day)
- How to tell stories that heal – A masterclass in therapeutic Storytelling (1 Day)
- Fast Phobia and Trauma (PTSD) Cure (2 Days)
- How to Control Chronic Anxiety – the practical skills you need (1 Day)
- How to lift Depression – the practical skills you need (1 Day)
- Putting HG Ideas into Practice (1 Day)
Click here to find out more >
Join us for some amazing training! Please use the button below to register and make payments:
Prices are shown in UK Pounds and are processed by HG College at the exchange rate between US Dollars and UK Sterling at the time of booking. Full payment must be made before attending. If you have any questions at all about the training, or booking, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Want to know more before registering?
If you have any questions, or would like to chat to someone about the training, please feel free to contact the organisers, John Shuford and Maggie Minsk. (You can also call Maggie or text her on 252-288-2724)
The following courses also count towards Part 1 of the Human Givens Diploma
- Effective Brief Psychotherapy
- From Stress to Psychosis
- How to Break the Cycle of Depression
- How to Make Counseling More Effective
- Tackling Addiction
- Understanding Anxiety
- Effective Anger Management
You can SAVE 15% on these online courses by buying all 7 at once, click here for details.
Not sure whether it’s for you yet?
If you have any questions at all, we’re here to help.
Please feel free to call or text Maggie Minsk on her cell phone at 252-288-2724. Or you can contact her via her website www.maggieminsk.com
Find out more:
Plus there are: Books, CDs, MP3s, Journals and more >
– – – – – – – – – – – –
Ref. (1) PTSD Resolution